It's that time of year again…
The time of year where we review what we have accomplished this past year and celebrate our successes…
2020 has definitely proven to be a challenging year for sooo many business owners, as they have had to shift and adapt to the “new normal.”
But 2021…is almost here, and we need to start thinking about our goals for next year.
For some reason, I find over and over that services-based businesses seem to skip this step. But Coaches, Consultants, Podcasters & Course Creators, and Influencers, and ALL service-based companies need to map out a plan for 2021. And the time to create that plan is now ?
Before we get into the first 3 steps you should look at, I think 2020, more than ever, has taught us we need to be flexible with our plans and always be ready to adapt.
If you have live events on your mind for 2021…you might want to rethink that for your business growth. The theme is still going to be “Stay at Home and Stay Safe” even after we get a vaccine approved…it is going to take a bit of time before we go back to “normal.”
Step #1: Set aside 1 hour and review your accomplishments for 2020
I start with a couple of hard questions, but you should be able to answer them right off the top of your head…
- Did you hit your goals for 2020?
- Did you hit your financial goals for 2020?
If your answer was no to the above two questions, you might be feeling a little discouraged and wonder I should keep doing this business. Is it worth the effort and time?
So, let's look at a couple of more important questions…
- How many lives did you touch with your products or services?
- How did you add value to the world?
- What did you accomplish?
- What products or services did you create?
- What new skills did you learn for your business?
- What new systems did you put in place in your business?
- What team members did you bring into your business?
Take time to celebrate the success of your accomplishments…
Even small accomplishments deserve to be celebrated!
“Small steps may appear unimpressive, but don't be deceived. They are the means by which perspectives are subtly altered, mountains are gradually scaled, and lives are drastically changed.”
~Richelle E. Goodrich
Step #2: Plan for 2021
Now is where the lessons of 2020 come into play…take an honest look at the following questions
- What did not work for you in 2020?
- How can you improve on your products and services?
- How can you help more people?
- How will you mold all these things together to create an amazing 2021 for you and your business?
What is your mission statement for 2021?
Think of your business plan as a funnel…
Your mission statement should be at the base of your funnel …your mission statement is the basis of Everything in your business. Your Big Goals and Dreams are at the top of the funnel. Everything in between is what you need to plan, and these steps should also be incorporated into your business plan for 2021.
Here are just a few of the questions that might be in the plan…
- What products or services do you want to create in 2021?
- How many new products do you want to complete in 2021?
- Will you create a new lead magnet in 2021?
- How can you add affiliate income into your business?
- What podcast or virtual conferences/summits will you want to speak on to expand your following?
- How will you change your marketing to reach more people?
- What can you add to your sales funnels to increase your bottom line?
- Do you want to write a book?
- Start a new course?
- Launch a membership site?
- How many people do you want to add to your email list?
- Who do you want to add to your team in 2021?
- What are your financial goals for 2021?
Step #3: Make a Clear Action Plan for You and Your Team to Follow
This is where your planning steps are broken down into smaller, actionable steps.
Instead of just saying I want to write a book, break the process down further.
- How much time will you write each day?
- When do you want to launch your book into the world?
- How will you market your book?
- Do you want to self-publish or find a publisher?
- Will you hire an editor for your book?
- Do you need a photo shoot for the cover image?
- Who will design your cover?
These are actionable steps that can easily be crossed off your to-do list once completed.
Don't be thrown off here.
You don't need to plan five years' worth of action steps at one time. Right now, the focus is just what you want to accomplish in 2021.
Personally, each year, I only plan 2-3 big goals for the year. My time is limited, as a mom and a business owner. Plus, this allows me to give the big plans BIG FOCUS.
Taking small action steps, though, lead to the big 5-year, 10-year, 20-year goals.
I know planning 2021 might seem a little overwhelming, especially after the chaos of 2020. That is why I want to invite you to my Free Workshop Marketing in a ShoeBox; Plan Your Programs, Content, and Launches for 2021.
I will help you break down your goals for 2021 to increase your productivity and reach your goals.
Save Your Seat with the Button Below